I had the hardest time deciding what recipe to post, and can’t. It is to hard to decide. So, you get two, both ones that we have all the time during the fall and winter months.
Chili – with canned tomatoes
1 Pound ground beef (turkey works too)
1 can Chili beans medium heat
1 can dark red Kidney beans
1 medium onion chopped finely
Garlic, salt, pepper and chili powder to taste
– In a large crock pot (or boiling pot on the stove) empty the tomatoes, beans and seasoning into the crock pot. Turn heat on high.
– Cook ground beef, drain well.
– Add ground beef and stir well.
– Allow to simmer for at least an hour or more, this blends the flavors really well.
Serve with sour cream, cheese, onions and anything else you want! We always have a soft French bread or biscuits to go along with it. We do this every Sunday for football.
Stove Top Chicken and Dumplings
this recipe is based on one from Betty Crocker
1 1/2 cups fat-free (skim) milk
1 cup beans, carrots and corn
1 cup cut-up cooked chicken – you can also use chicken tender sized pieces.
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed chicken mushroom soup
1 cup Bisquick
– In a large saucepan, heat the milk, veggies, chicken and soup. Bring to a boil.
– In a small bowl mix the Bisquick and milk so it forms a soft dough. Drop about 8 spoonfuls on the chicken, do not drop it straight into the liquid. Drop it on the chicken, it will stay together better that way.
– Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes. Cover and cook another 10 minutes.
This one will warm you to the core, my kids love it! Plus, it doesn’t take to long.