This was a busy week for our family. We had a mini-cation, ortho appointments and a 7 year old out of school all week long. Things were busy, but that left time for more learning experiences.
– If a teacher tells you that he “can’t because I have soccer right after school” resist the urge to kick him in teeth and just go talk to the principal. I got a e-mail from said teacher saying he would be available whenever I needed. Take that you…anyway.
– If same said school is giving you issues, not following your child learning plan as required BY LAW the same principal will become your best friend and fast. Meeting with him for 10 minutes will be enough to kick some butts and take some names.
– Being Mama Bear is a REALLY good thing. It gets things done even faster when your ears are plugged and you don’t realize your voice is raised when talking to the principal…just saying.
– Having a 7 year old that can’t sleep at night makes for a REALLY tired Mama. Both of us are emotional, exhausted and spent (she goes to bed at 8, and it is now 10:15 and she is STILL AWAKE. 7 am will come fast for the poor thing). You know that unless the house is asleep Mama can’t sleep!
– I hate waterslides. Well, the adult fast zippy spin you around 900 times in 10 seconds kind at least.
– Boo shares my dislike of waterslides, but went down one and went on the water roller-coaster to see if she changed her mind. Nope.
– Boo is very VERY brave. I couldn’t be prouder of her.
– Next time, I plan the vacation.
– The New Moon soundtrack is out. Hang on while I jump up and down with excitment. It is very different from the Twilight soundtrack, but fabulous!!
– I wrote a VERY IMPORTANT post over here, read it and check yourself.